Monday, January 14, 2008

What A Weekend!

Basketball!!! This last ThursdayI actually played basketball with the Women of my ward. I know, it is funny to think of me running down the court doing all i can to avoid the basketball but I did it. Next time (if there is a next time) I am going to make it my goal to touch the ball. . . Maybe just a quick pass. Then I can think about shooting & dribbling!!!!!
On Friday night we took the boys to a Utah Flash basketball game. It was so much fun. The tickets were cheap & we had really good seats. The boys loved it. We got these Cheersticks & they kept them very entertained. Next time I go I want to win a pizza, shirt or Bajio Burrito. They give away so much free stuff it is unbelievable!

Sledding

Saturday was such a beautiful day that we decided to take the boys sledding at a little hill by our house. I thought a few runs down & that will be great. Well probably 30 runs down & it still wasn't enough. Christian was so cute & he loved dragging the sled up the hill. . . A big plus for us. By the end of our adventure Christian was bored of regular runs down the hill, he wanted to try to tip it over & do flips out of the sled. I think he is going to be a little out of control when we teach him snowboarding.


The ER

On Sunday after church we were all ready to lay down & enjoy afternoon naps when Christian informed us that he had stuck a football toy up his nose. Steve & I tried to get it out with Tweezer but it was really stuck. We tried to get him to blow it out & that just caused him to Suck it up closer to his brain!! So we left for the ER. After sitting there with a bunch of crazy Sickos we decided to try the Instacare down the street. A much better choice in this situation. With Steve Holding his body as tight as he could, and a nurse holding his head the dr was able to get this tiny football out of his nose. We have now had many talks about how nothing goes up your nose. . . Not even your finger. What a Weekend. Hope you had a great one!

This is Christian holding the "speciman cup" that the Dr gave him with is little football!!!

3 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

LOl Christian cracks me up. I guess I can't take picture of him picking his nose anymore.

We shoudl take the kids sledding. I bet hailey would maybe love it after a while. I doubt she'd ever be like Christian and crazy though!

How fun!
PS its about time you updated your blog. JK

Jacci Halliday said...

things up the nose! Aaah! So happy to hear that all ended well and that the football came out in one piece!

kate said...

Kate- Your boys are so cute! To answer your question, I live right off the 275 exit in P.G. you go through the first intersection (heading east) and it's the 2nd right..there is a new chapel you can see from the main road and we live across from the Close to My Heart Corp. office. I love P.G. but we'll be moving to Draper in April. We should hang out.