Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lets Try This Again


I can't believe Thanksgiving is in a Week. I am proud to say I have quite a bit of my shopping done. All I have left are my boys & Steve. I am going with my Sister-in-laws Shopping the day after Thanksgiving. It is so much fun. We sleep at Steve's parents house & wake up at 4:30 in the morning to hit Kohls at 5:00 when it opens, Target at 6:00 & Old Navy at 7:00. Usually we then go to Ihop for breakfast. It is a fun tradition that we started. I don't have my assignment yet for Thanksgiving dinner, but I hope I get to make the Raspberry Pretzel Salad. It is so good & I only make it once a year on Thanksgiving. It is a lot of work to just randomly make. I will post the recipe.

So yesterday I thought I was having a bad day dealing with a little family drama. Well come to find out this lady that I visit teach was at the hospital delivering her 20 week old stillborn baby. My VT companion came & got me saying we need to go right now. As we got to the hospital and walked in her room to see tears rolling down her eyes, I felt very humbled. I was crying over spilled milk when I didn't need to. It helped me put things in perspective. I realized that yesterday was only a speck in the eternal scheme of things. My heart is breaking for Amberlynn. She has 3 boys and this was her little girl, but thanks to the gospel she knows Heavenly Father has a plan.

Hope you have a great day today. Enjoy this recipe!!



Raspberry Pretzel Salad

¾ cup butter or margarine
2 ½ cups thing pretzel sticks
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
1 (8 oz) tub Cool whip
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 large pkg raspberry flavored jello
2 (10 oz) packages frozen raspberries, undrained & slightly thawed

Melt butter & pour into a 9 X 13 inch pan. Break pretzels in half & pat evenly into the pan. Bake 10 minutes at 400. Remove from oven & cool.
In large bowl combine cream cheese, cool whip & sugar. Dab on top of pretzels & spread to edges of pan. Refrigerate fro about 1 hour.
Bring water to a boil. Completely dissolve jello in boiling water & cool in fridge until syrupy. Add slightly thawed raspberries & stir. Pour carefully over top of cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate overnight or several hours until firm.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I make this raspberry preztel salad too, with a few tweeks, like crushed pineapple in with the cream cheese and sugar. Yum, it's my favorite. I'm making it for our family get together this year too! Why did you have to get a new blog? It's cute, as always.

PrincessKatie said...

Cute new blog i love it. Sending you hugs for a crappy few days. Hope things get better soon!

Jacci Halliday said...

I love this recipe! mmm...so fun to see your kiddles even though it is not in person..doh!